Product Details Product Details
As nutrient and energy requirements differ during pregnancy, Pregna Vite provides vitamins and minerals that are suited for proper maternal and fetal health.
Approximately 20-30% of women are deficient in a vitamin during pregnancy.
Vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, magnesium and zinc, are involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and their deficiencies are associated with impaired fetal growth and development.
Vegetarian diets tend to provide insufficient levels of vitamin B12, which may result in impaired red blood cell formation.
Maternal iron levels affect iron stores in the developing fetus, and are necessary for the production of hemoglobin; Pregna Vite helps to prevent iron deficiency anemia. Calcium demands also increase during pregnancy, leading to enhanced calcium absorption from the intestine and mobilization from bones.
Vitamin D helps absorb and use calcium and phosphorus for normal bone mineralization.
Deficiency of vitamin D during pregnancy may lead to impaired fetal bone development or osteomalacia, although 600 IU of vitamin D daily helps maximize bone health in pregnant adults.
Daily supplementation with 800 mcg of folic acid in the first trimester may help reduce the risk of neural tube defects by nearly 70%
- Vegetarian-friendly support for maternal and fetal development
- Helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy
- Helps to prevent iron deficiency anaemia
- Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Provides 999 IU of vitamin D and 999 mcg of folic acid per daily dose
- Helps to prevent deficiency of calcium, chromium, copper, iodine, magnesium, selenium, zinc, biotin, folate, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E and K
- 180 VCaps
Shipping & Returns Shipping & Returns
Shipping: All orders are shipped from our Brampton, Canada location via Canada Post and include tracking unless otherwise noted. Canada: $10 shipping and free shipping over $50. United States: $15 shipping and free shipping over $100.
Processing Time: All orders require 1-3 business days of processing time to be picked, packed and prepared for shipping, unless otherwise noted on the product page of the item(s) you've ordered.
We accept returns of unopened products up to 30 days after the date of purchase. Opened or used products, or any items marked as non-refundable/Final sale are not within our return guidelines. We are currently unable to accept returns from any locations other than Canada. Please note the return shipping is the sole responsibility of the customer.
Please contact the vendor directly.